Wheel of Fortune Lottery came into existence in 2013 brought by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corporation (OLG). This young lottery is based on popular television game show theme and offers two exciting chances to win with one ticket.
Playing Wheel of Fortune Lotto can give you a chance to experience the thrill of winning big with a spin of the wheel. It only costs $2 per play. Each $2 play randomly generates a spin of the prize wheel for a chance to win up to $10,000 on the spot and six Lotto words for a chance to win up to $100,000 in the nightly draw.
How to Play Wheel of Fortune Lotto
To play Wheel of Fortune you need no slips or forms to fill out or choose any numbers.
- Just ask your lottery retailer for a Wheel of Fortune Lotto Quick Pick. Each $2 play is eligible for an instant win at the time of purchase and for the nightly draw. Keep your ticket for the nightly draw.
- Pay your lottery retailer before you receive your ticket.
- Watch the spinning prize wheel on the lottery terminal screen to see if you win on the spot. If your wheel spin lands on a prize value, you win that prize instantly
- Check your ticket after the nightly draw to see if you’ve matched 3 or more Lotto words.
- Your ticket will have six Lotto words that are randomly generated at the time of purchase.
- Six words are drawn from a possible 39 words every night.
- Match three or more words to win a prize.
- The set of 39 words may change from time to time.
- You must be 19 years of age or older to enter OLG lottery
Wheel of Fortune Lotto Ticket
- The time the ticket was printed will be at the top of every Wheel of Fortune Lotto ticket.
- The instant win message indicates if the ticket is a winner or a non-winner of an instant prize.
- Six randomly generated Lotto words will be printed on the ticket.
- The tickets include some new features not seen on tickets from other Lotto games
- Players with tickets that have won instant prizes have the option of redeeming their instant prize immediately or waiting until after that night’s draw.
- If an instant prize is redeemed prior to the nightly draw, the retailer will provide the player with an Exchange Ticket that is valid for the nightly draw. The Exchange Ticket indicates that the instant prize has already been paid and includes the same six lotto words as the original ticket.
- If an instant prize is redeemed after the draw has been held, instant win and draw prizes will be automatically combined and paid to the player.
- As WHEEL OF FORTUNE LOTTO offers customers a chance to win instantly, retailers are not able to cancel a ticket once it has been paid for and printed out of the terminal.
Two Ways to win Prize Structure in Wheel of Fortune
You can win as said above on the Spot up to $10,000. There are 8 on-the-spot prizes available to be won. Winning a prize is as easy as watching the terminal screen to see where the prize wheel stops.
Odds of Winning in Wheel of Fortune
The overall odds of winning any prize (instant or lotto) with Wheel of Fortune Lotto are 1 in 3.83. The overall odds of winning a prize on the instant win game are 1 in 4.44 and the overall odds of winning the top instant prize of $10,000 are 1 in 296,602.1. The overall odds of winning a prize on the nightly Lotto Word Draw are 1 in 27.83 and the odds of winning the top prize of $100,000 on the Lotto Word Draw are 1 in 3,262,623.
The Lottery Draw
The WHEEL OF FORTUNE Lotto Word Draw is conducted by a random number generator that selects six winning Lotto Words from a pool of thirty-nine in place of traditional lottery numbers. You must pay your retailer before your ticket can be printed. After the 10:30 p.m. evening draw check your ticket and match three or more words to win. Non-monetary top prizes of higher value may also be offered during promotional periods.
How to claim prizes when you are a winner
To claim a prize of $1,000 or more, you must complete a Lottery Prize Claim Declaration Form. This applies to both single and group play wins. All prize claim documentation must include the claimant’s legal first and last name as shown on the valid government issued identification that will be presented with the claim documentation.
Prize winnings cannot be assigned, transferred, lent, sold or otherwise directed to third parties by prize winners. All prize winnings will be paid directly to the prize winner (as determined by OLG). As part of OLG’s prize payment protocol, OLG reserves the right to subject any person having any involvement with a winning ticket prior to the submission of a prize claim to the same requirements as the person(s) claiming the prize.
Documents required when claiming prize
No income taxes or fees of any kind have to be paid to Canadian authorities on lottery winnings in Canada.
OLG does not use third parties to locate or pay its winners.
If your lottery prize is less than $10,000, you can mail the required items below to the OLG Mail-in Prize Centre. On average, your mail-in prize claim will be processed within 4 to 6 weeks of receiving the completed prize payment requirements identified below. If any of these required items are missing or incomplete, the OLG Mail-in Prize Centre will contact you directly to complete them. This may delay the processing of your prize payment.
OLG Mail-in Prize Centre
P.O. Box 130
31 Adelaide Street East
OLG will not mail cheques for lottery winnings to the United States.