Poker Lotto was launched by Ontario Lottery and Gaming Corp (OLGC) in the year 2010. This lotto attracts all the poker enthusiasts as it uses the poker playing card symbols instead of numbers. Also it is the instant win game with a nightly lottery draw. As you know poker is a skill game and that the thrill of playing poker is that you get to match wits with an opponent and play your cards in any way you deem fit. This new Poker Lotto game appears to take that element out of poker and therefore is interesting to see people playing and liking this lotto game because of its simplicity.
About Poker Lotto
Poker Lotto is a Watch ‘n Win lotto game that features two chances to win! Go All In for an extra $1 for your chance to win the growing jackpot.
Poker Lotto game features two chances of win: Instant Win – a poker game plays out when you buy your ticket; Nightly Draw – lotto numbers are replaced by playing cards from a 52-card deck.
- $2 per hand, plus $1 to add ALL IN.
- Your cards are dealt on the customer display screen for you to view.
- Each hand consists of five cards randomly chosen from a standard 52-card deck.
- Hit a winning poker hand and win up to $5,000 on the spot plus a Jackpot starting at $10,000 if you played ALL IN!
- Five winning cards are drawn nightly for the lotto draw. Win by matching 2 or more cards to the winning cards.
- Overall prize payout is 59.9 per cent for POKER LOTTO and 50 per cent for ALL IN.
- Draws are held nightly. Tickets are sold daily until 10:30 p.m. (Eastern Time).
- ENCORE and Advance Play are not available.
- Quick Pick play only.
- 18 plus age can play this lottery
How to Play Poker Lotto
- Poker lotto is One ticket, two chances to win, everyday lottery
- Play Poker Lotto at your favourite Lottery Retailer. Get your ticket before 11 p.m. daily, for your chance to win.
- Choose how many Poker Lotto hands you want to play. Each hand costs $2 and you can play up to 3 hands per ticket. As said above there are two ways to win with Poker Lotto – instantly or in the Nightly Poker Lotto Lottery Draw.
What is “Pay Before You Play”?
Before receiving your Poker Lotto ticket from your retailer, the ticket must be fully paid for. Retailers can’t cancel a Poker Lotto ticket once it has been printed.
Since Poker lotto features a new instant win component whereby customers can win instantly, customers must pay for each ticket before the retailer can process the transaction and give the ticket to the customer.
Your Poker Lotto ticket will have the date and time the ticket was printed at the top. The time on the ticket will match the time on the display monitor at the time of printing. Your ticket will have the date that your ticket is eligible for the Nightly Lottery Draw. It will also have an Instant Win message that will indicate if your ticket is a winner or a non-winner of an Instant Win prize. Your hand is used for both the Instant Win and the Nightly Lottery Draw. Cards will be printed on the ticket in the same order they are dealt on the display monitor.
How to Win
There are two types of win: Instant Win and Nightly Lottery Draw Win. Check your ticket after the nightly draw. If you match 2 or more of your cards to the cards drawn you win!
Note that each POKER LOTTO ALL IN play across Ontario contributes to the Jackpot that starts at $10,000 and grows until it’s won. Players can check for the POKER LOTTO ALL IN Jackpot value by viewing the customer display unit attached to the lottery terminal.
You can continue to play the regular POKER LOTTO for $2 per hand or you can choose to wager an extra $1 to play POKER LOTTO ALL IN for a chance to win bigger instant prizes.
You can play up to three (3) POKER LOTTO hands per ticket and, similarly, can purchase up to three (3) POKER LOTTO ALL IN plays per ticket. Each POKER LOTTO ALL IN play costs an additional $1.
- You could win instantly if your Poker Lotto hand forms a Winning Poker Hand.
- Odds of winning an Instant Win prize: 1 in 4.85
- Odds of winning any prize: 1 in 3.66
|Poker Hand||Prize||Odds* / $2 Play|
|Royal Flush||Ace, King, Queen, Jack
& Ten all in the same suit.
|$5,000||1 in 649,740.00|
|Straight Flush||Five cards in numerical
sequence all in the
|$500||1 in 72,193.33|
|Four of a Kind||Four cards all of the
|$175||1 in 4,165.00|
|Full House||Three cards of one rank,
and two cards from
|$75||1 in 694.17|
|Flush||Five cards all the
|$50||1 in 508.80|
|Straight||Five cards in ranked
|$20||1 in 254.80|
|Three of a Kind||Three cards of the
|$5||1 in 47.33|
|Two Pair||Two cards of one rank,
and two cards of
|$2||1 in 21.04|
|Pair of Jacks
|One pair of either Jacks,
Queens, Kings or Aces.
|FREE PLAY||1 in 7.69|
* Approximate Odds
The card faces shown in the prize structure are examples of Winning Poker Hands only. Prizes are fixed not shared. Rank of playing cards is from lowest to highest (A, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10, J, Q, K, A). An ace can be used in both a low straight (A,2,3,4,5) and a high straight (10,J,Q,K,A). For a Royal Flush, Straight Flush, or Flush, the suit of each card in your hand must be of the same suit to be a Winning Poker Hand (all hearts, all spades, all diamonds, or all clubs).
Nightly Lottery Draw Win
Every night at approximately 11 p.m., the Poker Lotto Nightly Draw takes place and 5 cards are drawn.
- If 2 or more of your cards exactly match the cards drawn (both rank and suit), you win the corresponding prize.
- Odds of winning a Nightly Lottery Draw prize: 1 in 15.01
- Odds of winning any prize: 1 in 3.66
(in any order)
|Prize||Odds* / $2 Play|
|5 of 5 cards||$100,000||1 in 2,598,960.00|
|4 of 5 cards||$500||1 in 11,059.40|
|3 of 5 cards||$25||1 in 240.42|
|2 of 5 cards||$5||1 in 16.03|
* Approximate Odds
Claiming the Prize
If your Poker Lotto ticket wins an Instant Win prize, depending on the prize amount, you can claim your prize immediately or wait until after the Nightly Lottery Draw.
If your Instant Win prize is claimed immediately, prior to the Nightly Lottery Draw, your retailer will provide you with an Exchange Ticket that is valid for the Nightly Poker Lotto Lottery Draw only. This will void your original ticket and your Exchange Ticket will indicate that your Instant Win prize has been paid. If your Instant Win prize is claimed after the Nightly Lottery Draw, prizes for both the Instant Win and Nightly Lottery Draw will be automatically combined and paid at the same time.
- Most retailers can pay prizes up to $200 and may pay prizes between $200 and $999.99. Lotto! Express retailers are unable to pay out prizes of any value.
- Designated regional prize payout locations can pay prizes up to $9999.99
Prize claims of any amount can be claimed at either of lotto Corporate Offices
- Confirm the hours of operation for the designated prize payout location prior to attending, as prize claim hours may be different from the locations operating hours
- When planning to claim your prize allow time for the processing of the claim. On average, most prize claims can take up to 30 minutes to process.
- Also you may claim your prize by mailing your ticket to the Prize Payout office.
Prizes must be claimed within one year following the draw date or prior to expiry date as announced by BCLC
- For all other inquiries, call BCLC Customer Support at 1-866-815-0222
- BCLC has two corporate offices where prize claims of any amount can be claimed.
BCLC Head Office 74 West Seymour Street Kamloops, BC V2C 1E2. Prize Payout Hours: Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and on holidays:Closed
Vancouver: BCLC Marketing & Sales Office 2940 Virtual Way Vancouver, BC V5M 0A6. Prize Payout Hours: Monday to Friday: 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Saturdays, Sundays and holidays closed.
So are you ready for the poker play in lottery type of game..Get going for the Royal Flush and hit the jackpot!