Bucko is the Atlantic Lottery Corporation Lotto played by Canadians. Bucko is played three lines at a time with a possibility of combination wins and draws every day with a top prize of $20,000.
How to play Bucko Lottery
Bucko lottery can be played in three ways. You can play wither online or have a ticket with the retailer or play with mobile app.
Bucko played online
- Bucko is played online at ALC.ca. Sign in to the website online and under the games click Bucko. A play area will come up.
- Now from the drop down menu, choose the number of Bucko purchases you want. For $1, the lottery computer will randomly select three (3) sets of five (5) numbers between 1 and 41.
- You can purchase for future draws by choosing the number of advance plays you want from the drop-down menu. You can play from 2 up to 10 consecutive draws.
- Your wager is considered official when it appears in your Transaction Detail as “completed”. You can print out your wager from here if you wish. The lottery winner will be notified to you by email and also you will get a message in your message link online.
Bucko played at the retailer
- Just ask your lottery retailer for a Bucko ticket.
- For $1, the lottery computer will randomly select three (3) sets of five (5) numbers between 1 and 41. You can purchase up to five (5) Bucko games on a single ticket.
- You can purchase for future draws by telling your retailer how many games in advance you’d like to purchase for. You can play from 2 up to 10 consecutive draws
Bucko played with Mobile App
You can also play Bucko with mobile app. You can purchase your ticket with your smartphone or iPhone and play Bucko Lottery game.
Just log in using your alc.ca account. If you do not have created one then do so even with the app
With this app you can get your ticket, play your favourite numbers, check winning numbers, jackpot information and prize payouts. Also you will find multiple options to fund your account. You can even find local lottery retailer or know when draw results will be available by customizing notifications. Please note this app is intended for Atlantic Canadian adults ages 19 and older. You can have this app from iTunes free and requires iOS7.0 or later compatible with iPhone, iPad or iPod touch
Bucko lottery draw and how to win
Every night at approximately 11:29:59 p.m. Atlantic time, Atlantic Lottery will draw five regular numbers at random using a ball machine.
- You Win a prize by matching three, four or five numbers straight across on any single horizontal line. You can win on more than one line.
- For combo play you can win a prize by matching 8+, 7, 6, 5, 4 or 0 numbers on a combination of all three lines in a Bucko game.
- You can win both ways on a single ticket. Win with a single line and with the combo if you’ve matched at least four numbers from all three lines in a single Bucko game.
- If there are no matches on all three lines in a single Bucko game you win a FREE Bucko play.
Bucko Lotto Odds
Odds are based on the minimum wager. The overall odds of winning a prize 1:4.5 in Bucko Lottery
For each draw, ALC reserves the right to limit the total amount of prizes payable in the 5 of 5 Winning Selection that is Prize Level 1 to $100,000. If the limit is reached or exceeded for that prize category, prizes payable in that category will be determined by dividing the total prize amount payable for the category $100,000 by the total number of winners for the category.
Prize Structure of Bucko Lottery
All prizes for Bucko are determined as indicated in the prize structure below: For each draw, ALC reserves the right to limit the total amount of prizes payable in the 5 of 5 Winning Selection (Prize Level 1) to $100,000. If the limit is reached (or exceeded) for that prize category, prizes payable in that category will be determined by dividing the total prize amount payable for the category ($100,000) by the total number of winners for the category. Prizes must be claimed within one (1) year following the draw date
How to claim the prize in case of winning Bucko Lottery
There are two ways to claim the prize: One with the retailer and other having it online.
You need to sign the lotto ticket before validation. By signing your ticket, you are protecting your potential winnings from being claimed by anyone else.
Verify the numbers on your ticket with the winning numbers for that draw date. You can find winning numbers in a variety of different locations including:
- The Atlantic Lottery (AL) website at corp.alc.ca
- Most newspapers across the Atlantic region
- Or by phone, at 1-800-561-3942.
- Or by Atlantic Lottery Mobile App
- Or even at Facebook Winning Numbers are displayed
If your ticket is a winner of up to $250, it can be redeemed at most lottery retail locations.
If your ticket is a winner of up to $9,999, it can be redeemed at a branch of the Bank of Nova Scotia (Scotiabank) in Atlantic Canada, or in person at Atlantic Lottery’s Head Office in Moncton, NB. You can Call 1-800-561-3942 for more information, business hours, or to make an appointment.
If your ticket is a winner of $10,000 or more, contact Atlantic Lottery at 1-800-561-3942 for more information and to make arrangements to claim your Major Prize. You may choose to visit the Atlantic Lottery Head Office in Moncton, NB, or one of Regional Offices in Dartmouth, NS or St. John’s, NL.
For prizes of $10,000 and more, the player receipt will say “Claim Centrally” which means you should present your ticket to an AL office. The player receipt will also say “Complete Claim Form” and it will also show the amount of the win. You will be asked to sign and complete the back of the ticket, if you have not already done this.
If you have a ticket that can’t be redeemed at a retail location, please follow the following process:
Under $1000, please send the ticket to alc
If $1000 and over, please send the ticket and complete the attached player claim form and return it to ALC along with your ticket(s).
You also require a photocopy of government-issued photo ID (a driver’s licence or passport for example). For those who do not have photo ID, photocopies of two pieces of secondary ID such as a birth certificate or Medicare card can be used
For prize claims of $10,000 or more, please contact AL at 1-800-561-3942 for more details about how to claim your prize.