Video lottery games can be played at Canadian lottery centres. Video Lottery provides an interactive, entertaining way to play games of chance and win small cash prizes. You can find Video Lottery terminals (VLTs) in licensed liquor establishments like restaurants and bars across Canada.
The Video Lottery program in Canada offers a variety of games, including reel games and keno. New games are added regularly to give players lots of choice.
The minimum regulated payout percentage in Canada is 80%. This means that at minimum, 80% of all money played is returned to players in prizes, in varying amounts. The payout percentage is higher than the actual cash-out percentage because consumers play the prizes they win in order to extend their play.
How are video lottery games played now?
These games can now be played abiding the rules of social distancing to avoid the spread of Coronavirus.
VLTs will be adjusted to ensure physical distancing requirements are respected. Based on the capacity of specific sites, Canada Lottery will work with retailers to either increase space between terminals (where possible) or activate a limited number of terminals to ensure a minimum six-foot distance.
- Outline player areas on the floor and use arrows to identify traffic flow.
- Remove chairs from any non-operational terminals to reduce gathering of players.
- Enhanced disinfecting
- Lottery employees will be on-site to clean and sanitize all terminals, chairs and other surfaces prior to resuming operations.
- VLTs and chairs will be further cleaned and disinfected after each use.
- Like all businesses, VLT locations will be required to pre-screen patrons before entering their locations.
- Canadian Lottery is providing all VLT sites with a supply of hand sanitizer for employees and players.
- Also Lottery field staff will be equipped with appropriate PPE (masks and gloves), which must be worn while on-site and employees must sanitize hands prior to entering any VL location.
Posters will be provided to be displayed on-site to educate players and patrons how to play safely, reminding to:
- Keep a six-foot distance
- Sanitize hands
- Only have one person at each VLT at a time
- Signage on VLTs indicating any inactive machines.
- Provide retailers with training and materials on how to properly clean and sanitize terminals.
- Providing ongoing information and support to video lottery operators through CCC and field staff.
Several features are available on VLTs to help manage responsible play, including ‘time played’ reminders, mandatory cash-out at 150 minutes of play, displaying cash not credits, maximum bets and cash-in limits and more.
All the video games are powered by top gaming providers like Spielo, IGT, Bally, Aristocrat and others.
Some of the games to play are Big City 5’s, The Big Easy, Cherry Rain, Cherry Rain Deluxe, Fireball Keno, Mermaid Garden, Royal Spins, Thunder Stampede, Triple Staxx, Trouble in the Henhouse, The Wild Life Wild Pride, American Original, Blazing Shots, Bonus Sevens Wild, Cash’m if you Can, Pharaoh’s Fortune, Power Keno, Siberian Storm, Fortunes of the Nile, Miss Kitty, 7’s Wild, Ocean Magic and others.
Visit any Video Lottery Terminal near you.
The next step is to input your money in the terminal and start playing. Entrance amount of money is from 5 cents to $10
Then you will see the on-screen menu, where you have to choose the type of game you would like to play. When you are ready with your choice, just start an enjoyable playing.
Remember that machine pays out are done in two ways ( coins or receipt which you may redeem for money that is equal to your prize)
It is obvious that VLTs introduction has heavily influenced all gambling industry. Canada is definitely the center of VLT functioning. Canadian government does not afraid of some negative results of video lottery terminals as the contributions of these terminals are pretty high and do surpass all possible drawbacks.
You do not have to ask any people about game rules. These machines are considered to be self-taught being so attractive for all players. Video lottery terminals have slot machines that can provide you with different games (poker hands, bingo cards). A player puts payment, chooses a number combination and presses a button or pulls a lever. As a result, numbers are generated in a random way by the lottery principal.